A Multi-Pronged Approach to a Global Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has gripped America and the world in a medical, social, and economic crises, leading to severe economic slowdown globally and ushering in lockdowns across most U.S. states and >185 countries.
Most experts suggest that the earliest an approved vaccine may become available is mid-2021, approximately 12-18 months after Sars-CoV-2 first emerged. So far seven coronaviruses already infect human beings and, like the common cold, we have yet to develop a vaccine for any of these. Without a vaccine or treatments in place, our health remains at risk as economies reopen.
“A second wave of infections is inevitable.” -Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Globally, approximately 2.2% of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the United States have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.²
- Over 59.6 million people are confirmed infected with COVID-19 worldwide.²
- Over 1.4 million deaths globally are attributed to COVID-19; over 259,800 in the U.S.²
- Over 60,800 citizens of New York City have been hospitalized with COVID-19.³
As economic hardship puts pressure on businesses to reopen, a prophylactic treatment is needed to ensure the safety of our communities.
We believe NED-260, an oral investigational product, has the prospect to provide two essential solutions:
- to protect against viral infection and cellular entry
- to halt disease progression in patients and prevent deaths
We at NED Biosystems believe NED-260 may offer vitally needed solutions to provide America and the world a way out of quarantine and isolation.
²John Hopkins University, as of November 24, 2020
³New York State Department of Health, as of November 24, 2020